Click on a thumbnail to see a larger image of some of the photography we've taken over the last 100 years!
DMV's first location in the Union Trust Building at Fayette & Charles Sts. Photo taken in 1914.
In 1916, the Commissioner's office moved to 11 E. Lexington Street
Maryland Motor Vehicle Professional Operator's License (1916)
In 1919, the Department moved to the old Maryland Historical Society building at St. Paul and Saratoga Streets.
State of Maryland Driving Handbook (1957)
Several locally owned antique cars were on display when the Hagerstown branch opened November 28, 1971.
Antique Car Show, Glen Burnie Office
MVA, August 1971
Drivers awaiting signal, to go to control tower, pickup an examiner and start over the course.
The sixth regional office of the MVA, and the first under the newly-created Department of Transportation, officially opened July 28, 1971 at 10 am.
The MVA issues a new driver's license (2003)