For Immediate Release
Contact: Kellie Boulware, MDOT MVA
December 19, 2018
**Media Advisory**MDOT MVA to Close for Christmas and New Year’s Day Holidays
MDOT MVA Offices and VEIP Stations Will Be Closed on
Tuesday, December 25 and Tuesday, January 1, 2019;
Offices Reopen on Wednesday, December 26 and Wednesday, January 2
Glen Burnie, Md. - The Maryland Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Administration (MDOT MVA) will close all branch offices and VEIP (vehicle emissions inspection program) stations on Tuesday, December 25, 2018 and Tuesday, January 1, 2019 in observance of the Christmas and New Year’s Day holidays.
MDOT MVA self-service VEIP kiosks, online services and 24-hour kiosks are available to complete many customer transactions. Customers may conduct numerous transactions online at mva.maryland.gov, including:
• Driver’s License Renewals
• Duplicate/Additional Registration Cards
• Vehicle Registration Renewals
• Insurance Compliance Payments
• Identification Card Renewals
• Title Replacements
• Change of Address
• Driving Records
• License Plate Purchase/Replacement
• Temporary Registration
• Information on Administrative Flag Fees
• VEIP Test Date Extension; and
• Substitute Stickers.
All MDOT MVA offices and VEIP stations will reopen on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 and Wednesday, January 2, 2019.