Highway Safety Data
National Center for Statistics and Analysis (NCSA)
Visit NCSA's Publications and Data Requests page, where you will find:
- Traffic Safety Fact Sheets
- FARS/GES Reports
- Research Notes and Crash*Stats
- Technical Reports
- Annual Assessments
- Documentation and Manuals for FARS, GES, and NASS-CDS.
You can also make a customized data request in CATS.
The Census is conducted every 10 years. In between official Census counts, projections are made for future years and estimates are released for previous years.
Maryland-specific numbers: http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/24000.html
US numbers: http://www.census.gov
National Vehicle Miles Traveled Data, Licensed Driver Data, And Registered Vehicle Data
The Federal Highway Administration publishes the Highway Statistics Series each year and it contains national and state information. The Highway Statistics Series consists of annual reports containing analyzed statistical information on motor fuel, motor vehicle registrations, driver licenses, highway user taxation, highway mileage, travel, and highway finance. This information is presented in tables as well as selected charts. It has been published annually since 1945.
The Research and Innovative Technology Administration, Bureau of Transportation Statistics also publishes State Transportation Statistics with similar information. http://www.bts.gov/publications/state_transportation_statistics/
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, Highway Loss Data Institute
Research and statistics: http://www.iihs.org/research/default.html
State Traffic Safety Information
- StateStat (http://www.statestat.maryland.gov/)
- GOCCP Crime States (http://www.goccp.maryland.gov/msac/crime-statistics.php)
- SHA Reports - Inventory of the highway system, drafting and dissemination of maps, GIS implementation and development, and the collection, analysis, reporting and distribution of Traffic Monitoring System (TMS) data.
- SHA Info Center - Media Relations, Public Meetings, Reports, Traffic Studies and Statistics, Maps and Brochures, Your Land and Your Highways, Signal Plan Locator, Conferences and Seminars, As-Built Construction Plans.