In certain situations, you may be eligible for a 45-day temporary license that will enable you to continue driving with a valid license while you complete an action required by the MVA. The temporary license may be issued in one of the following scenarios:
- You failed the vision screening when renewing your Maryland license and need to see a vision specialist and/or obtain glasses or contact lenses in order to meet the vision requirements.
- You are temporarily out-of-state but expect to return to Maryland in less than 45 days and:
- You have a Maryland license that will expire before you return; or
- Your Maryland license has been lost, stolen, or mutilated; or
- You need to have your license corrected before you return
Note: If you expect to remain outside of Maryland for more than 45 days, see Obtaining a Renewed License or a Duplicate or Corrected License/Identification (ID) Card When Absent from Maryland. Contact the MVA Customer Service Center for information and assistance.
- You are applying for a noncommercial driver's license and the information on your Maryland record is not matching the information on file with the Social Security Administration (name, date of birth or social security number.)
If you fail the vision screening while you are renewing your driver's license, the Customer Agent should tell you about the possibility of obtaining a temporary driver's license that is valid for 45 days; if not, ask the agent.
- If you are eligible and your current license has NOT expired, the Customer Agent will process the temporary license.
- The temporary license has the word "TEMPORARY" printed diagonally across its face and an expiration date that is 45 days from the issue date.
- This should give you time to meet the vision requirements and return to the MVA to obtain your renewed license.
Note: For information about the vision standards, see Vision Requirements.
Determine if you need a temporary license:
- You are outside of Maryland but expect to return to the State in less than 45 days; and
- Your Maryland license:
- is due to expire before your return; or
- has been lost, stolen, or mutilated; or
- needs to be corrected before your return.
Note: If your license has already expired, you are not eligible for a temporary license.
To request the temporary license, mail or fax a letter to the MVA's Absent from State Unit. The letter must include the following information:
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- Your soundex or driver's license number
- Your temporary out-of-state mailing address (no P.O. box)
- Your permanent Maryland address
- Your phone number (where you can be reached outside of Maryland)
- Your reason for requesting the temporary license
- Your signature and the date of request
Upon receipt of the letter, the MVA will verify that you are eligible for the temporary license and then mail it to your out-of-state address.
If you expect to remain outside of Maryland for more than 45 days, see Obtaining a Renewed License or a Duplicate or Corrected License/Identification (ID) Card When Absent from Maryland. Contact the MVA Customer Service Center for information and assistance.
If you are renewing your driver's license or applying for a duplicate license and the name(s), date of birth and or Social Security Number that you are using on your license application do not match with the information that the SSA has on file:
- You may be issued a 45-day temporary "Noncompliant" license as long as your license is not expired OR is expiring in less than one (1) week.
- You must contact the SSA and have them update your records with the correct information within the 45 days of the temporary license.
- A noncompliant license is NOT acceptable for Federal purposes, such as boarding a commercial flight or entering a federal building, etc.
- If you are renewing and your current license is still valid for more than one (1) week, you are not eligible to receive a temporary license
- There is no fee for a temporary license.
Absent from State Unit
Driver Services Division
6601 Ritchie Highway, NE
Glen Burnie, MD 21062
For telephone questions:
MVA Customer Service Center: