Program Provider Approval - DIP and 3 Hour ADEP Programs
Driver Improvement Program (DIP) is a program drivers may be referred to because of the accumulation of points on their driving record. The 3-Hour Alcohol and Drug Education Program (ADEP) is designed for driver’s license applicants who hold an out of country driver’s license. The information provided below explains how a business entity, organization or individual can become a provider of these programs.
The requirements for a program provider are more fully discussed in section 11.12.09 of the Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) and should also be reviewed prior to applying.
The applicant for approval as a program provider may also apply for instructor approval at the same time. For more information about the instructor approval process, see Instructor Approval – DIP and 3 Hour ADEP Programs.
How do I obtain approval to be a DIP or 3-Hour ADEP program provider?
To obtain an application packet, contact the MVA’s Driver Instructional Services Division (DISD). The completed packet and required forms are returned to DISD. The program provider must reapply for MVA approval every two years.
Note: An applicant seeking to become a provider for the 3 Hour ADEP must also be approved by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Administrations and is subject to the regulations of that agency.
The DISD will review your completed application materials to verify that everything is present and properly completed. As part of this process, the MVA requires:
- Contractual agreement;
- Organization hierarchy chart;
- Certificate of good standing from the Maryland State Department of Assessment and Taxation;
- MVA FTP Remote Access Request form;
- MVA Security Advisory form;
- Driver Privacy Protection Policy;
- Fire Safety Inspection and Zoning approval for the Provider's business office(s) and classroom(s); and
- Application fee(s).
- An approved provider must have at least one business office and one classroom located within the borders of Maryland.
- Once the Division approves you, you will receive the materials needed to conduct the program(s).
- There is a fee to become a provider of either the DIP or the 3 Hour AEP programs. The fees are listed in the application packet.
Driver Instructional Services Division (DISD)
6601 Ritchie Highway, N.E.
Glen Burnie, MD 21062
For telephone questions:
MVA Customer Service Center: