Vehicle Registration Renewal
Today, more than 70% of the registration renewals are done by alternative services that make it possible for all drivers with registration renewals in good standing to avoid a trip to an MVA branch office. However, anyone who has a flag or insurance violation on their vehicle's record and cannot complete their transactions through an alternative service will still need to conduct their transaction over the counter at an MVA branch office.
Please Note: The following vehicles cannot be renewed on the Internet, by telephone or kiosk. They must be renewed by mail:
- Interchangeable Registrations
- Emergency/Police Vehicles
- Trucks and Tractors over 55.000 lbs
- Local/State Government
- Tow Trucks towing over 26,000 pounds
- and vehicles requiring an annual safety inspection.
The automation of the renewals will allow MVA resources to be reallocated. Staff who currently handle walk in registration renewals will be reassigned within the MVA to more effectively handle the work load for the more than twelve million transactions the MVA completes each year. These options reduce overall wait times at branch offices and increase efficiency.
- Renewing on line by clicking here.
If your registration is about to expire or has already expired, you will be able to print a temporary registration at the end of the transaction to continue driving until your registration card and sticker arrive by mail.
- Renewing by MVA self service Kiosk. Kiosks can be found at all MVA locations, for a list of offices click here.
The new kiosks provide the customer with the registration document including the sticker.
- Renewing by telephone by calling 1-410-768-7000.
- Renew by mail at the address below:
Motor Vehicle Administration
PO Box 2273
Glen Burnie, MD 21060-4273
- Renew at one of Maryland's licensed Tag & Title Services, for a complete listing click here.
There will be an additional processing fee charged when using their service.