Uninsured Vehicle Owners Could:
- Lose license plates and vehicle registration privileges.
- Pay uninsured motorist penalty fees for each lapse of insurance - $150 for the first 30 days, $7 for each day thereafter.
- Pay a restoration fee of up to $25 for a vehicle's registration.
- Be prohibited from registering any future vehicles until all insurance violations are cleared.
- Be prohibited from renewing a suspended registration until all insurance violations are cleared.
- Have license plates confiscated by an authorized tag recovery agent, once a registration suspension is in effect.
- Pay a fine of up to $1,000 and/or one year imprisonment for providing false evidence of insurance.
Note: These penalties are in addition to any fines or penalties imposed by a court of law.