Beginning October 3, 2011, MVA has changed the knowledge test you must pass to get a non-commercial Class C learner's permit and it is now based on information in the new Maryland Driver's Manual. The new Manual includes basic knowledge on driver safety for new drivers, including: traffic laws of this State; highway signs regulating, warning & directing traffic; and safe driving practices. The improved graphics, full-color design, and brief paragraphs provide an easy read of only 39 pages – packed with core driver safety facts.
You need to study the Maryland Driver's Manual and can also practice with the Maryland Online Driver Test Tutorial to prepare for the knowledge test BEFORE coming in to the MVA to apply for your learner's permit. Get the Manual on the internet – it can be downloaded and/or you can listen to the audio version, or you can pick up a copy at any MVA branch office.
NEW! Maryland Driver's Manual
- Maryland Driver's Test (Video)
- Maryland Driver Manual (English Version)
- Maryland Driver Manual (Spanish Version)
- Maryland Driver Manual (Audio Version)
- Maryland Driver Manual (Traditional Chinese Version)
- Maryland Driver Manual (Vietnamese Version)
- Maryland Driver Manual (French Version)
- Maryland Driver Manual (Korean Version)