Have fun with this Tutorial – use it as a practice guide to help you prepare for the knowledge test that all new drivers must pass to obtain a learner's permit.
About 50% of individuals FAIL the knowledge test the first time. So, be sure to study the full Maryland Driver’s Manual before you go to an MVA branch office.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Effective February 1, 2014, only individuals testing for the first time will be permitted to take the driver knowledge test on a Saturday. Individuals who wish to re-take the driver’s knowledge test must do so Monday through Friday. The MVA encourages all applicants for a Maryland learner’s permit to study the Maryland Driver’s Manual before attempting to take the knowledge test to ensure success.
Use this Tutorial as practice, but realize it is only a sample of the topics that appear on the knowledge test.
- Each test includes 25 questions – just like you can expect with the real knowledge test.
- Use the untimed version – as many times as you need – and link directly to the Maryland Driver's Manual to study each topic.
- Use the timed version to see if you can pass the practice test within the 15 minutes allowed.
This Tutorial can be used by anyone at anytime – it is a great resource for life-long learning! Use it as a refresher of basic driver safety knowledge throughout your driving career and to help keep you aware of some new motor vehicle laws.
- Parents: use it to test yourself before and during the time you are helping your teen to learn to drive.
- All drivers: use it to test yourself to stay sharp and up-to-date on driver safety.
Let Us Know How We Are Doing. Tweet Us At MD_MVA
Also available for your mobile devices: