Aging can affect your driving, but more importantly health affects your driving! Many older drivers don’t face serious medical conditions or functional limitations that affect their driving, but ALL drivers need to know your risks, how to manage your risks, and be familiar with resources to help! These webpages are to help direct you, your family and professionals to the information necessary to consider for aging and potential effects on ability to drive safely.
Age alone does not make unsafe drivers, and licensing is NOT determined by a diagnoses. If someone questions whether you are medically qualified to drive, MVA focuses on functional ability … not age or disease … and provides an individual review on fitness to drive.
- Helpful Tips for Older Drivers
- Helpful Tips for Family & Friends of an Older Driver
- Helpful Tips for Health Care Professionals of Older Drivers
- Drivers Education, Rehabilitation, & Occupational Therapy for Older Drivers
- MVA's Medical Review Process Concerning Driver's Licensing
- Maryland Driver Rehabilitation Programs
- Maryland Older Driver Safety Symposium
- Maryland Older Driver Statistics
- Medications & Driving
- Safe Mobility for Life
- Senior Driving and Health– Resource for Physicians & Patients
- What Is a Functional Capacity Test
- Additional Resources