To provide verification of vehicle insurance you must obtain the Maryland Vehicle Insurance Certification (form #FR-19)
- The form can only be issued by a vehicle insurance company licensed to do business in Maryland or an authorized agent of such a company.
- It's only valid for 30 days.
- It can be faxed or submitted electronically eFR-19 to the MVA by your vehicle insurance company or authorized agent.
- At this time, the eFR-19 can only be submitted by a licensed Maryland agent, not the parent company, to show proof of vehicle insurance for a vehicle owner(s) via the eFR-19 website and is generally requested after an insurance case is created.
- Photocopies are not accepted.